G2 Tactics [idea pitch]

Emeralda told me to place this here for the time being.

As I stated in my intro thread, I made a strategy game on Slipstream Anime, and wanted to do something similar here. Of course I don't want to do a direct transplant, rather make something mostly original. Before I go through the effort, however, I'd like to know if such an idea would be favored. It can be heart breaking to work for nothing.

Good point. I like this forum better already.

mainly, you will make a unit based on stats and guidelines yet to be decided. Every so often I'll churn out a map. Members will team up and battle each other using their attacks and abilities and moving around the map.

mainly you do this by looking at the map, reading what happened on this turn, then PMing me what you plan to do, much like an Assassin game

about the speed of an AG, may take longer as it would mean more than just one turn to kill someone, however it could work with less people

my current idea is you can pick a class with a list of different techniques, you can take some techniques with you with different ranges and properties.
for example

A Phonic Mage (magician that uses sound) could have a technique called Echolocation, that could discover hidden units in a surrounding set of spaces
While the Berserker would have an ax attack that hits a space nearby as well as the two spaces beside the target.

factors like Altitude and terrain would also apply.

So it would be one "round" of each participant having one "turn" and that would be one day irl? Seems a little slow for a tactical strategy game, but I can't think of any other way to be fair and work around schedules easily...

Oh well, I'm sure I'll like it. About as deep as FFT then. Rough estimate of how many classes you were planning on?

Well... Let me know if you need any help with the systems. I'm lazy and unimaginative, but I'll try as much as I can motivate myself to.

Alright, thus far. (subject to change)

The units controlled are a sort of puppet stand in to battle for political disputes as a surrogate for messy wars and the like, because Empress Emmie likes to keep her people safe.
The Puppets are made of 3 components:
a Body- which dictate the "class" and therefore the base statistics and available techniques at its disposal.
a Core- which is a gem that further augments statistics and a passive ability.
and a Mantle- which is an aura that provides a provides various defenses and weaknesses

Before a mission starts a player will take 3 techniques from their available collection to use. You gain more techniques by winning matches or buying them with in game currency.

Techniques will be denoted a name, a type (Support, Pierce, Blunt, Slash), an element (Heat, Aqua, Sky), speed (order it is executed), accuracy (chance of hitting) power (damage or healing ability), and effects.

Still no idea if I'm going to use a square grid map or a hex grid map.

does this sound too complex? Feel free to make suggestions.

I don't see any problems so far. Personally, I find squares more effective and aesthetically appealing, especially since we will need to describe movement in terms of either direction or coordinates, both of which become more difficult with hexagonal movement.