SOTW #5: Chosen Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
[quote name='Hadriel']Did I just detect some incredible sarcasm in that, or am I just overanalyzing?[/quote]

Nope, it's just that I didn't notice there was a stock already provided until Graham said something about a girl. Rawr, I had to quote it to see where the url tags are >.<

[quote name='Emeralda']

Nope, it's just that I didn't notice there was a stock already provided until Graham said something about a girl. Rawr, I had to quote it to see where the url tags are >.<
[/QUOTE]

Okay, I made it a bit more obvious.

Well, okay, although due to an unfortunate encounter with a resized image involving me clicking said image for quite a while trying to see the original version and not realizing that I had to click the bar on top, I'm kinda meh. Still, most of the members here are smarter than me, so they should get it.

[quote name='"Lovely."']Question over the stock, can we render and give a new bg to it? Or no? :3 (not even sure if I'll do it,, but I might..)[/QUOTE]

Nope, which is why it's called w chosen stock.

Sanae

Staff member
Basically, we just paste that into a siggy box and add w/e to it right o.o? Never really worked with a chosen stock that already had a focal point *puts on game face* =3

Best of luck everyone :happy:

[quote name='"Emeralda"']Could I interpret it as having to use the same character from the stock and the same background from the stock?[/QUOTE]

Err, probably not.

godofwar7

[quote name='Lovely.']Question over the stock, can we render and give a new bg to it? Or no? :3 (not even sure if I'll do it,, but I might..)[/quote]

[quote name='Hadriel']Nope, which is why it's called w chosen stock.[/quote]

[quote name='Emeralda']Could I interpret it as having to use the same character from the stock and the same background from the stock?[/quote]

[quote name='Hadriel']Err, probably not.[/quote]

these two answers confuse me

Well, technically, you CAN do that and attribute it to interpretation, but voters are aware that the theme is "Chosen Stock", so they're going to view your entry in less of a positive light.

But if you want me to dictate, then no. No making renders.

From the previous chosen stock themes I knew, the participant was freely decide how to use the stock or render given, whether to manipulate the original stock or render the character only or with some object on the background, etc.

[quote name='"Murasaki Cho"']From the previous chosen stock themes I knew, the participant was freely decide how to use the stock or render given, whether to manipulate the original stock or render the character only or with some object on the background, etc.[/QUOTE]

Well, that was the previous chosen stock themes you knew. This is different.

[quote name='"Archerguy"']so it basically means

we use this pic

crop it

add some decoration

and submit it

isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it's not just *some* decoration. Working with stocks also requires a fair bit of effort.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
[quote name='Hadriel']Yes, but it's not just *some* decoration. Working with stocks also requires a fair bit of effort.[/quote]

LIES! At least your definition, which doesn't seem to allow to really work on it, or rather, below it.

Status
Not open for further replies.