aE

Sanae

Staff member
Awww, @Ellure :heart:

I joined AE in 09.. The calm before the chaotic ending days if you will xD? Things were pretty up and down. There were a few,"I Miss This Person.." threads here and there :-?

LOL, I remember logging into AE when the bots would make their runs during the weekend xD It was funny.. They never did post in the Incinerator lol Ooh, I also remember drama one and drama two.. Those were interesting.

[MENTION=55]Hadriel[/MENTION] I'm an in betweenie. There were a couple of sites that were born from our beloved AE. I was more active on SSA.. Although, SSA went down a little after I joined (death bringer >_>) and everyone met back at AE. SSA was much smaller and less intimidating, so I was found there most of the time lol It was fun watching the chaos unfold on some occasions.. Oh yeah, and there was when Sandy made the "I'm Going To Buy AE" thread or w/e it was called lol

Yay, random memories ;hello;

Diablodoc

Dark Lord of Erotics
I joined AE back when it had a jungle theme, not sure how far back that was. The front page reminded of garden of eden, and it was before it got huge.

Sanae

Staff member
To be a part of a forum around its birth must be exciting ^__^ Especially, knowing how huge it got in the end.

*Sanae plants her flag here o__q

@Diablodoc any memorable memories of AE for you?

Diablodoc

Dark Lord of Erotics
@Sanae Yeah, when the download was good. I remember being involved with lots of things, clubs and stuff.

It was really good socially for a while.

Why it ended (Ending story of AE):
It all went down when DuKe and his "minion" mod were abusing their powers though and I spent most of my time trying to bring that to justice.
Glitch didn't wanna react, and the other admins said Glitch had to, I had some thinking, blah blah..

I eventually reached the conclusion that the forums were gonna go down in a set time from then, reasoned their behaviour and other things, despite AE being in its prime. I left the forum, not wanting to be part of it anymore, as there were "cultural" problems.
It went to heck just as predicted >_>

More blah:

After that, and after leaving AT after having been co-owner some years later, I decided not to join forums unless they were worth it and I knew I would stick. I didn't want a repeat of AE.
I could join, but I wouldn't involve or be actually online unless something like AT's offer turned up again, or I knew someone from there that I would be active with.

That's partially the reason I'm not posting around the forums, I'm just replying here ^^

[MENTION=1514]Diablodoc[/MENTION] I remember that theme, that was my favourite out of them all. Im sure if you used the old template select thing you could still use that one even in the later days :p

Also, the whole Duke thing...I'm sorry but I only vaguely remember this incident although Im assuming by minion you mean Howl? Duke and I never particularly got on, which was partly why I chose him for staff in the first place - he wouldn't just say something I did was a good idea - he could say something was bad and then people would be cool saying something against an idea anyway :p

Was this when I was in a semi-active stage? I don't know particularly why I wouldn't act (if that's true). Perhaps a concept of solidarity in staff and maybe that I thought if I spoke to him he would stop it. However, judging by my own general immaturity I would say I probably didn't do it straight away out of stubbornness - because Duke probably wanted me to do something :pws

I *do* remember writing an obituary like farewell to him though xD

[MENTION=8]Sanae[/MENTION] and Drama one and drama two?

On a lighter note - one of my favourite memories was an April Fools Day Prank where I changed everybody's names to slightly dirty ones - like LexusInfernus to PenisBurnus (I think this was before he was staff, because he sent me a rather angry PM :p). I also liked it when the community was still pretty young and I was working pretty hard to keep everyone together - remember when I could just look at avatars and know who people were and had almost everyone on my msn. xD

Sanae

Staff member
I wish AE had more archived stuff.. Someone mentioned "The Way Back Machine" to me a while back.. I was curious and looked up AE ^^ There were some things, but not too much :\ I kinda wish the chat thread was.. I wonder where the newer members went? There were some who just barely gotten to know some older members before it went down.

On a lighter note - one of my favourite memories was an April Fools Day Prank where I changed everybody's names to slightly dirty ones - like LexusInfernus to PenisBurnus (I think this was before he was staff, because he sent me a rather angry PM :p).
First of all it was on May , second it was " -Mypenusbernus- " and Third Hi.

Sanae

Staff member
Do I know you @NellaK o.o?

[MENTION=130]midnight22[/MENTION] Because Noez was more concentrated on MF. Although AE was dying (in both activity and techi wise), people still stayed there. I guess they figured if there was no AE, people would flock to MF.

Oh well, I pretty much joined everything late. I joined MT a bit late (as the 67th member), and I've never been to AE. Well, at least I was at the frontlines during Emmie's hypernationalist departure from Kabii.

-lexus-

Visions of Hell
[MENTION=1514]On a lighter note - one of my favourite memories was an April Fools Day Prank where I changed everybody's names to slightly dirty ones - like LexusInfernus to PenisBurnus (I think this was before he was staff, because he sent me a rather angry PM :p). I also liked it when the community was still pretty young and I was working pretty hard to keep everyone together - remember when I could just look at avatars and know who people were and had almost everyone on my msn. xD
Oh I thought it was funny. At least, now I think it was funny. And I liked what you did with PEETEEMEE's name (PEEONMEE or something XD)

But yeah, I wasnt made staff until after the first aE awards.

Emeralda

Pistis Sophia
Because Noez was more concentrated on MF. Although AE was dying (in both activity and techi wise), people still stayed there. I guess they figured if there was no AE, people would flock to MF.
Actually, because MF as a manga site generates more income at a less expense than AE. Hosting anime, bandwith, and what's not, are quite expensive. Just look at how many ads MF has now. Not to mention he has contracts with those online browser games companies and uses spyads.