Paranoia AG: Post-game discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Well it looks like the Communists got their shit together and at the same time provided spy roles exist in the game :/
So leaders, if you didn't already know, pay attention with who you trust >__>"

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
On a side note. When i said there has to be spys. You said : NOOOOOO....not true.. :p

Ha. Point for me <3 With ,love :grin:
Cause I thought kamil was smart enough to learn from mistakes from the past :/
I'll hold my judgement until the end, but there is a terrible AG history with spy roles, thats why you rarely see them.

Not to mention, your constant posting about spy roles makes me think either you are a spy yourself and trying to make yourself seem in the clear by mentioning them early on or your a leader who was told by the GM that there is a spy in your group. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on you~

Jimzy

Wait, are spies really bad?

What if a good spy spies on assassins? O_O
Isn't that good?

And, was Crestham a baddie? I thought Computer is bad? :? Doesn't that mean all that the computer [blabs] says are something baddish? :/

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Crestham was good. He was a member of the regular faction.
Seraph was bad, thats why they belonged to the Team Troubleshooters. Since you can tell Seraph was also a member of the Communist group, you can acknowledge the existence of a Baddie that was in the Communist group aka a Spy.

And if it wasn't already clear:
13)Seraph Lucis Eli Troubleshooter (Pretending to be spying on the IWW for the Communists)
Taken from the front page.
The wiki describes the High Programmers as:
By the time the game setting takes place, a number of other secret societies have sent spies to join the Wobblies and the end result is a group that consists entirely of spies for other groups. The in-joke for the Commie-hating computer is that this group is loosely modeled on the Industrial Workers of the World (IWW), the original "wobbly" trade union movement that attempted to stand up to the robber barons at the start of the 20th century.
So the Troubleshooters are basically spies from each group, if I understand this correctly. There might be one head role that isn't allied to any group however.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
:/

Why you no read?

Anyway:
"The Head of the Troubleshooter department was gunned down by a security bot which witnessed him attempting to hack into the personal data of a High Programmer. Such an action is of course treason, and his death is recorded as 'acceptable'." Head of Troubleshooting has lost a clone.
So someone hit the head baddies yesterday. I'm guessing it had to have been someone with a very good clearance level. If this is you, come forward and help us out. Or just keep on doing what your doing~

A high ranking official barely restrained his disappointment. "I'm sure Friend Computer has a wonderful reason for getting rid of all my work. But, since I haven't been told differently, I'll just continue with what I normally do." [A clone has been made].
Seems pretty odd that a clone is made one day. Could this be a convert ability? Seems unlikely, but the only other instance of cloning was a back-up (protection really) of a High Programmer. I really, really doubt you can actually re-make protection/clones, that would be way too OP'ed. However, I dunno what to make of it besides that :/

So someone hit the head baddies yesterday. I'm guessing it had to have been someone with a very good clearance level. If this is you, come forward and help us out. Or just keep on doing what your doing~

Seems pretty odd that a clone is made one day. Could this be a convert ability? Seems unlikely, but the only other instance of cloning was a back-up (protection really) of a High Programmer. I really, really doubt you can actually re-make protection/clones, that would be way too OP'ed. However, I dunno what to make of it besides that :/
I say just let them keep on doing, well, what they're doing. If he makes an appearance, I can see him dying very quickly.

And what else could it be besides making more clones of himself? You pretty much listed all the possible reasons. We already have spies, obviously, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is possible.

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
I say just let them keep on doing, well, what they're doing. If he makes an appearance, I can see him dying very quickly.
True, but a player's death for a head baddies' death is a fair trade imo, but at the same time I made sure to make a comment where they shouldn't feel pressured to come forward if they didn't want to.

And what else could it be besides making more clones of himself? You pretty much listed all the possible reasons. We already have spies, obviously, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is possible.
Not sure, but I'm keeping an open mind. I dismissed spies on day 1 and I was wrong to do so. I am trying to avoid making the same mistake. We can't just assume based off our limited information thats the only possibilities that the cloning could mean. For all we know its a character who was just a regular player who got a clone back (Remember we all had clones on Day 0).

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
Well, to be fair, how much do we have to say? Until Day 1's daily post, there was just random ideas but nothing solid to go on.
Daily post has only been out for 12 hours now, it might have just been out at a weird time for players and maybe thats why not a lot have commented yet. We will have to see how activity develops, though you make a solid point.

I can say it's not really a weird time for me but I'm just trying to process all this and put together what all the different factions and roles might be. Plus, most of the things I think of to say have already been said by the time I get over here.

Anyway... I don't get the clone thing either, I was sort of ready to dismiss it as a red herring, like just some minor detail included that tied back to the source game, until it was mentioned again in hte post.

Arachna

Spider
Staff member
Cause I thought kamil was smart enough to learn from mistakes from the past :/
I'll hold my judgement until the end, but there is a terrible AG history with spy roles, thats why you rarely see them.

Not to mention, your constant posting about spy roles makes me think either you are a spy yourself and trying to make yourself seem in the clear by mentioning them early on or your a leader who was told by the GM that there is a spy in your group. Guess I'll have to keep an eye on you~
You know me. Would i ever do something like that. And plus you also know how much i like to know things. Info is important. :p
So maybe i do know something. And maybe i don't. Who knows= ?:shrug: Should we chat. ? :p

VivaLaDementia

Yea, Its been a ride...
I thought the back up clones were disabled so how did someone get a clone made?
Again, thats just ideas that come to my mind.
"high ranking official" is what was used to describe the person in question. Kamil refers to High Programmers/Team Troubleshooter members as High Programmer/Troubleshooter, I doubt he would change the wording here. That makes me think its a neutral or good character who got their clone.
But then again, I have no idea and might be reading into nothing at all.

[MENTION=1240]Arachna[/MENTION], we can talk here. In the open. No need to hide anything, is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.